Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook 9/8



FOR TODAY, Tuesday, September 8, 2010


Outside my window... Fall is on it's way. There is a thick cloud cover in the sky and the crickets are sounding their call. The air is cool from the rain last night. I hear a small dog barking at most everything that moves.

I am thinking... my children are growing too fast. Sometimes it feels like life is just passing me by.


I am thankful for... the laughter of my kids, the smell after a rain, my relationship with my mom, diet soda ;)


From the kitchen... Most of my dishes are done. It's been a few days since I've cooked anything more than throwing something frozen in the oven.

I am wearing... A purple T that says FABULOUS, black cotton gouchos and yellow flip-flops....Not coordinated but very comfy!


I am reading... Nothing at the moment


I am hearing... crickets chirping and my children learning


Around the house... We're all in one room, windows open, enjoying the breeze and sounds of "almost fall". My 8yr old is working on his outer space workbook. My(almost)5 yr old is "learning" her president facts...(playing with a cardboard president spinner). My 1yr old is in her bouncy chair, having a little snack.


Pondering these words... "Not all who wander are lost" ~C.S. Lewis"

A few plans for the rest of the week... I work for a couple of hours tonight but then it's off the rest of the week for school and family time! We'll probably go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow evening. And I'm looking forward to going to Starbucks this weekend to try a Pumpkin Spice Latte.


A picture thought I'm sharing... my sweet little man from almost a year ago. He's a littlle wacky sometimes :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Pumpkin Spice Latte, seriously? I didn't know they were serving those already! What a great blog! I am a Christian homeschooling Mom and I am glad to have found your blog.

Meek said...

They do grow so fast. I just thought, if we are all blessed with long life, I will know my children as adults way longer than these few years when they are actually children. It makes me somewhat sad.