Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's that time!


Christmas countdown banner


This year I have made a rule. We can't start Christmassy stuff until after Halloween. Halloween is over. It's CHRISTMAS time now! Right now, I'm listening to Bing Crosby sing and tonight we'll be watching the first Christmas movie of the year! Don't know which one yet. We have a big box full of them to choose from!
I know what you're thinking. ALREADY? We're still a month away from Thanksgiving!
Yes I know that. It's just that Christmas is our favorite holiday. And it seems, as we get older, Christmastime goes by so much faster! I don't want to miss a minute. So we start early!
We've only bought one gift so far. Well, I guess 2. Hubby said he found me something. We're going to have to make alot of our gifts this year. With the new baby coming, we have to save all the money we can. But that'll still be fun! Better get to crafting!
We haven't decided when we'll put up the tree. Last year we did it before Thanksgiving. So I'm guessing within the next couple weeks! I can't wait to get that fireplace going! Bring on the cold!!! I'm getting all excited just thinking about it!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am visiting through Brocante Home!

I am starting to celebrate Christmas earlier--this will be my first year to do this, LOL. I previously would be dismayed at Christmas lights on houses in November, but this year, I will be joining in! It does pass too quickly!
;)
Have a great week!
Katherine

Anonymous said...

Yep-- Have been listening to Christmas music myself! :) Although-- the decorations won't come out till after Thanksgiving. I gotta draw the line somewhere. :)

Hope you are feeling ok!