Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Reed Shaking in the Wind?

“What did you come to see today?
A reed shaking in the wind?”

Those are the words based on Matthew 11:7 that are in the new song we are singing at church. Those are the words that made me bawl my eyes out Sunday morning. It was in the moment those words were sung, that I saw my whole life. Because that is exactly what I have been since I was young, a reed shaking in the wind. Always blowing one way or another. Never staying in one frame of mind long. Very indecisive and flakey. Then last night’s service, my pastor’s wife gave another word for me in her message. Vagabond Spirit. Oh, she didn’t say look I’m talking about Marietta! She’s pretty sensitive to the Holy Spirit though, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she sees it in me.
I don’t mean to be that way. But for some reason I am the most wishy-washy, most easily swayed person I know. I’ve never stuck with anything for long. Not once it got hard or complicated. I don’t want to be that way anymore! I CAN’T be that way anymore! I have too many things to do.
I am a mother. I am a wife. I am a Child of God. How can I truly do those jobs if I can’t stand strong? Obviously I can’t stand on my own strength. That would get me all the way to nowhere. I have to trust God and stand on HIS strength! I have to take hold of His promises and look the devil in his ugly face and tell him he can’t touch me or my family. And I want enough God behind me that the devil doesn’t laugh in my face! If I can’t stand with God, I’m as good as dead. And so is my family. It’s impossible to be a lukewarm Christian. Because being lukewarm negates your inheritance from the Lord.
In Revelations 3:15 & 16 Jesus says, “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.” (NIV)
So if I’m not going to go all out for the Lord, why bother at all. Playing church and not living for Him is living a lie. So, I had to make a choice. Get in or get out. Well, I know too much to get out. Jesus has done ruined me for the world! So I’m getting back in! All the way! God has re-ignited the fire in my heart for Him. I refuse to turn back now! He is my Lord and I’m going to speak it and live it! Everyone who knows me, will know whom I serve! A lot of them may not like it, but I have to stop living to please other people. It’s God’s opinion of me that matters, not their’s.

No comments: