Thursday, May 22, 2008

Herbalism

Herbalism, or herbal medicine is the art or practice of using herbs and herbal preparations to maintain health and to prevent, alleviate, or cure disease. (webster's)
And it's something I'm looking into. I'm not a big fan of modern medicine. Oh, there are alot of good things about it. But if you can heal yourself, or better yet, keep yourself healthy through natural means, why not do it that way?
I'm trying to find a course to take online. I want to be able to open a herb shop someday. Actually, I think it would be fun to have a shop at Ren Faires. It really doesn't matter, I guess. All I really want is to help people. I'm very excited about this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!! Ran across your blog on the mom blogs-- forgive the intrusion.
I studied and took herbs when I was dealing with infertility.- pretty interesting stuff out there.
Good luck with your online course.

BTW-- I thought I had the only hunky hubby! ;)

Marietta said...

You're not intruding hun! That's why I joined momblogs so people would come see me!
Yeah I have found some very interesting stuff out there too. I think I am getting ready to implement a special diet because I have ADD. Hoping it helps.
thanks for visiting! Hope you come back soon!