Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ren Fest, Here We Come!!!

Well, not until September, but we're starting to prepare for it already anyway. We went to the KC Ren Fest last year and fell totally in love. See?






So we're going back this year and we're going to dress up this time. I am actually going to make our costumes! I'm not an advanced seamstress by any means, so that's why I'm starting so early. So we bought our patterns and the fabric for my chemise and Hunky Hubby's shirt.

This it the chemise I am going to make.
Nothing fancy, but simple is all I need.
Here is the skirt I am making. I think it is beautiful!
I am probably going to get a bumroll too, to make the skirt fuller.

I haven't decided which of these bodices I am making.
This will be my most challenging work.
With all the boning and grommets. I just hope I can manage.



This will be Hunky Hubby's costume.
He's going to look EXTRA hunky in it!

We're still going to have to buy shoes (boots, in his case) and hats. I can't go without a hat because of my short hair. That would be historically inaccurate. They might burn me at the stake. hehe. I think I'll just make a muffin hat for me. They look simple enough.
We are so very excited! We are actually going to get a shop there next year. We're very excited about that too! We're starting now getting things made so we can build up our stock before then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun!! The outfits look great too.-- Now, I wanna go! :)

Marietta said...

I know It's just so much fun! Like you're in a totally different world!