Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday's Favorites

Hey everybody out there in blogland! Welcome to the first edition of Friday's Favorites! And since it is my first post, I will introduce you, first, to my two favorite blogs ever!

* The Brocante Home Chronicles - Alison May will make you laugh, cry and drool as she takes you through her everyday life and findings as the Vintage Housekeeper! She is an amazing writer! She is honest and isn't afraid to show her faults. And she does is ever so scrumptiously!

* Keeping the Home - Candy is one fabulous, God-fearing, homeschooling Mama! She isn't afraid to tell it like it is. She lives her life for Christ and helps others in their path as well. She believes that women are to be "Keepers at home". And she does what she can to help us organize our lives so that it can be more fulfilling and totally for Him!

Here are some other blogs/sites I enjoy:

Sojourner in a Strange Land - WARNING!!! This blog is controversial! There are things on here that I don't necessarily agree with. But at the same time, I respect her immensely. She knows what she believes and she is unwavering in her adherence to it. But even though there are some things we don't see eye to eye on, most of her posts are enlightening and empowering. She loves Jesus and lives her life entirely for Him!

The Homesteading Housewife - Humor and courage on the old homestead. This lady has got some spunk! She'll make you laugh out loud! This lady was on Wife-Swap people! She's got some guts!!! She also has a site called Bad Mothers Anonymous. It'll make you laugh and cry. But all in all, it will help you feel better about the mistakes you've made in being a mommy. We've all been there! On a side-note, their home went through hurricane Ike. Be in prayer for them please!

A Homegrown Life - I've been researching unschooling the past couple of days and I came across this blog. I felt like I was reading my own words. Have a visit and maybe you'll feel the same!

Here's a list of a few of my favorite etsy shops!

Julia Belle Vintage - unique, vintage-inspired jewelry.
FaireWares - Medieval & Renaissance Clothing.
Scarlett Cat - Playful and unique artwork.
SugarRoxx - extremely fun jewelry and other creations.

I hope I've introduced you to some of yur favorite new sites! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Marietta! Thank you for including me in your list and for your comment on my post. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my struggling to be a better parent and better person for Christ.

Marietta said...

No problem! It was my pleasure!

Jacquie said...

Marietta..your blog looks wonderful! I've missed you and it's nice to see you are settled in so well in your new surrounds.

Your 2 kids look amazing...so happy and "in tune" with each other! :)

I'll be checking out the blogs you've mentioned too.

Blessings.

Marietta said...

Oh Thanks, Hun! You're so sweet!!!