Monday, October 6, 2008

My Weekend and A Busy Week.

Well, it's Monday.....again. Did we even have a weekend? I know everything that was supposed to happen on Saturday fell through. Except my mom watching the kids, which was good. I was going to get to go to the MMA event with hubby and meet Matt Hughes too. But NOOOOO. Hubby's friend had something come up and couldn't go. So we didn't go. Thankfully my mom watched kids overnight so we had date night anyway. We had a nice meal at the place I clean once a week or so. It's a vegetarian restaurant. Who woulda thought vegan food could be so yummy! Pat had a lovely bruschetta. (to drool over!) And I had a very interesting meal. I had to try it. It just sounded so odd. It was a pumpkin bisque with black beans. Topped with an apple salsa and a cranberry sour cream. It was good. The cranberries were a little tart and it had almost too much spice to it. But it really was good. I'm a wuss when it comes to spicey things so it probably wasn't really that spicey. But it was enjoyable! I'll get the bruschetta next time though.

Now this week we are having company over on Thursday. So, we have alot of work to do. There's still so much evidence that we just moved. Having them over is a way to make us move faster. I have to clean, clean, clean. PLUS, I have to make my dress for my brother's wedding. Which is next week! I got a pretty green and orange tie dyed batik material. This is the pattern I'm using:It's going to be a beach wedding so I wanted something that fit the mood.
Stay tuned for Monday's Martyrs.

No comments: