Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY August 20, 2009...


Outside my window... a fall-like coolness, grass soaked by a recent downpour, bright green moss growing on a long dead tree that still stands, the smell and feel of summer beginning to come to a close.

I am thinking... About how we tend to overlook the little things. How what could be seen as an adventure is most often seen troublesome or mundane. How I need to start being more of a "glass half full" type of person and learn to appriciate every moment.

I am thankful for... a hubby that cares enough to suprise me with a lunchtime visit, children that love to hug and kiss their new baby sister, the comfort that comes from a sleeping baby in your lap, getting caught in a downpour at the most inopportune moment and still being able to laugh about it and a good cup of coffee....

From the learning rooms... Anya is working on her colors and shapes, what is bigger and smaller, longer and shorter. Noah was excited about going to his second day of first grade.

From the kitchen... coffee's been brewed, last night's dinner dishes in the sink, waiting to be attended to....

I am wearing... a yellow t-shirt with a white butterfly and pink flowers on it and jeans.

I am creating... a new schedule to keep me on track

I am going... to our friend's house tonight...we're all very excited! There's so much life over there...it's because there's so much God over there! Not to mention all the people! (there are 9 people in their family) I love it!!!

I am reading... emails from my momma! I love chatting with her in the mornings!

I am hoping... it doesn't get hot again. I am SOOO done with summer!!!

I am hearing... birds chirping outside, cars passing on the nearby highway, my little girl asking questions about her school work, my baby making sweet squeaky noises in her sleep.

Around the house... Anya's sitting next to me tracing squares, Maegan is sleeping on my lap. The rest of the house is quiet.

A few plans for the rest of the week: going to our friend's house tonight and hubby may be going to Kansas City this weekend.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

I love that Anya is such a Daddy's Girl! That's the way it should be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy these little meme's.

BTW- I glanced at your pictures of your kids. -Getting so big.And your baby girl is so.. babyish! :) I miss holding one of those.