Monday, August 24, 2009

A Fresh New Day!


It's a beautiful, sunny day! The sun is warm and the air is cool. My big girl is working on her schoolwork and singing about Jesus. My baby girl is napping. My little man is at school. I'm looking forward to the day when I can take him out of there for good.

I had an encounter with God last night at church. It wasn't as powerful as I had hoped. But God's power isn't what I needed. What I needed was His love...and that's what I got. He wrapped His big strong arms around me. It wasn't the "Wham! I'm God and I'm here!" that I thought I needed. It was Him telling me "Be still and know that I am God...I'm your Daddy and I love you." I feel like just the past few weeks I've been really seeing Him as Abba, Father. I've always know He was my King and even my Friend. But never totally felt the Father in Him. I just want to crawl up in His lap and feel the love and peace He brings. And that's what happened last night. I feel new today....I was feeling so overwhelmed...new baby, cantankerous 3 year old, a house that won't clean itself when I can't find the time. But He brought me a peace and a restfulness that I haven't felt in a long time. I feel like He's bringing me into a new stage of my life. I feel like I may be growing up a little. Learning to appreciate the little things in life. Learning to rest in His love and truly see the beauty in all that He's created. Learning that, even though things don't look clear, He is in control. He knows what He's doing. And He knows the end result. He will take my hand and bring me safely to the other side of every situation, good or bad. I just have to trust Him and obey Him, and let Him take the lead. It's not my life anymore. It never really was. I just liked pretending it was. Holding onto it for dear life. I let Him have some of it. But some is not enough. He has to have every bit of it to really do a work in me. So I'm giving it to Him. Some things are harder to let go of than others...but my grip is getting looser. He's helping me to be strong. The work on me will never be done until I am in Heaven with Him. But He can do alot more work on me when I cooperate. So that's what I'm doing! I can't wait to see what He's got in store for tonight's service!

Okay, I know I've rambled on and on...but that's just what's on my mind and my heart right now.

Take care! And may our Father in Heaven be with you!

No comments: