Monday, September 14, 2009

Babysteps and The Simple Woman's Daybook

I'm starting Flylady's Babysteps today. I've started Flylady many times in the past few years, but have never stuck to it....because I don't follow the rules. She tells us to use babysteps so we establish habits, routines. It takes 28 days or so to turn something into a habit. So doing things bit by bit gets them in your head...they become routine. But when you go from no routine at all to a full-fledged shedule all at once...you crashand burn...And that is exactly what I've done, many times before. I know flylady's routines will work, and I want things done NOW. So I go all out...until I fizzle out...within a day or two. So I'm doing it right this time...although I do have so much catching up to do. So I'm adding just a little extra to my daily babysteps. Flylady says that you can do anything for 15 minutes. So I will clean for 15 minutes every hour.....besides the babysteps... So slowly, things will get in order and eventually, after I get all my babysteps gone through, they will become routines....and things will finally be in order around here. I'm so excited!!!
Today's Babystep or Babystep #1: Go Shine Your Sink! Gotta get it good and cleaned out....and keep it shiny, so every morning I have a shiny kitchen sink smiling at me!
If you haven't heard of Flylady before, you should definitely go check her out!!!

And now it's time for....



FOR TODAY September 14, 2009...

Outside my window... It's cloudy. The trees are gently swaying with the breeze. I'm wondering if it's going to rain

I am thinking... about how blessed I am...

I am thankful for... my husband, he is so loving, hard-working and handsome. My children, who can be, at once, both nerve-wracking and awe-inspiring. How could God have seen me fit to be entrusted with their love and care? My home, so beautiful, so very "homey". I am so immensely blessed!!!

From the learning rooms... still working on our ABC's and 123's

From the kitchen.... tonight I will be making a skillet dish of potatoes, smoked sausage, rice, onions and eggs, with green beans and biscuits on the side. Usually, my best meals are the ones where I just throw stuff together and "wing it."

I am wearing... stretchy denim capris and an orange t-shirt with a rainbow and butterflies on it.

I am creating.... a home. Where my children can grow into wonderful and strong members of God's kingdom...a home full of love and learning. A place where God is welcome, where He can come and dwell with us.

I am going... to continue working towards my goal of having my son out of public school by Christmas....it is not an option. God didn't give him to me so I could send him off for the government raise...

I am reading... nothing at the moment...but I am getting ready to go through our books and start making a reading list. We should be forever learning new things and what better way to do that than by reading and doing?

I am hoping... for the best holiday season yet!

I am hearing... Anya babbling, me shushing her because the baby is asleep. :)

A few plans for the rest of the week... just working on this house, plus church tonight and Wednesday. And our friends' house for some awesome fellowship on Thursday!

Here is picture thought I am sharing:

My sweet babies on the swings!

The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I have started Flylady's routine many times and crashed and burned. For the time that I'm doing it though, the house looks GREAT! I really should start up again. Thanks for mentioning Flylady in your post. Off to work on laundry now - thanks for the inspiration!