Monday, September 7, 2009

Thoughts on a Rainy Day...


I just love a rainy day! The soft gentle sound of the raindrops hitting the ground, the roof. The smell of wet earth and trees. It's so relaxing and refreshing. The only thing that would make it better is if my boys were here with us. But I do have my girls here and we're going to make the most of our day. A little ABC's and 123's. Some coloring. Some bottles and burping.
I'm also going to be starting my flylady rountines on Monday so I want to do a bit of catch-up cleaning to give that an easier start. I've gotten pretty behind on my housework this summer. So my goal today is to work on the house for 15 minutes each and every hour until hubby comes home. Starting now, that would give me 2 hours of cleaning, total. I think I could get alot done in those two hours! I can only do one load of laundry today though. Our septic can't handle much more than that when it rains like this. So a single load of must have it is. I'm behind on my laundry too. So, once the rain is over (supposed to rain all week), I will be doing at about 3 loads a day until I get caught up. Then I will be going through all the clothes to weed out what we don't need anymore. We have far too many clothes!
But, as I've said before, I have to be ready to take Noah out of public school by Christmas! And I WILL get it done! I've been researching different resources online and I'm getting excited! I'm going to be taking a more eclectic approach this year. Last year we just did the straight forward textbook/worksheet curriculum and we both got bored fast. I plan on using some of that too. But, I'm leaning more towards unit studies and unschooling. It will be like a structured unschooling. I have too many people that would protest if I did complete unschooling...my husband included. Plus, my son isn't the most motivated kid on the block. It's my fault. I'm not very motivated myself. It's something I've been praying about, and God is bringing me out of it. But I hope, as he gets older, I can turn it more over to him. Although he is a very inquisitive young man, so that is a good start!
Another thing we're behind on is our business. We were hoping to have our shop reopened by the end of this month and we haven't made any progress yet. Pat hasn't been able to do much because of being sick. Plus we have church 3 nights a week. But we have to get it ready. Plus the local gem and mineral show is also at the end of the month and we're not even close to ready for it. We paid for a whole booth this year instead of our usual half-space. This will be our 7th year there! I just now added that up. I hadn't realized it had been that long! It's always so much fun! And there are some great people there!
Another thing on the back burner is our etsy shop. We are getting ready to restock and reopen that too. We LOVE making stuff! Not only are we going to be making our beaded jewelry, but I'm going to be making more artist trading cards and some altered art. Hubby is going to try his hand at book making. He's done it before but he hasn't done it in a while. He also makes chain maille jewelry. And come spring, he'll have his lapidary equipment up and running. He also wants to learn faceting and silversmithing. And I want to try my hand at photography. So many hobbies, so little time!
Well, I guess I better get to work. Take care and God bless!!!

No comments: