Thursday, June 19, 2008

Goings On

I've been a procrastinator this week. I haven't got much done outside of working on our business. But today after I get off of here, I have GOT to get to work! I have dishes to do, laundry to put away, toys to pick up...I could go on and on. Plus, I still need to do my Bible study. I've procrastinated on that this week too. I am very easily distracted. That's what happens. I start doing something, then I think of something else. It happens over and over. By the end of the day, I've started many projects but not finished any of them. So it looks like I've done nothing. And my sweet hubby is so good about it. Praise the Lord for good men!
I'm hoping he gets off work in time to go look at that house tonight. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in person. I just hope I haven't built it up too much in my mind and get dissapointed when I see it. I've been dreaming about it alot. Going over and over in my mind what it would be like to live there. That's just me. I can't help it. I'm a dreamer.
Oh, and I'm starting a new job on Saturday! I will be working just a few hours a weekend at a coffee bar/vegetarian restaurant called Isadora's Wonderful Things. It is also a bead shop. But they are closing that part out to expand the restaurant.
We have been going there since it was just a little bead shop in a fixed-up shed behind the owner's house. Then they moved to a shop on Main Street where the owner's daughter joined up and opened a coffee shop inside. It's where we learned to bead...and developed a strong addiction to coffee. Hehe! Eventually, the daughter and her husband took over the shop. The mother got married and retired. The coffee shop slowly expanded to serve food. Incredibly delicious food! It wasn't always all vegetarian. But she knows how to make vegetables taste awesome! Hehe. I worked there the summer after I had Noah and loved it! But that was 6 years ago! Alot has changed since then. I am definitely going to need a refresher course! Hehe!
Anyway, that's what is going on around here. How have you been?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too, tend to get a bit sidetracked with my days! My goal was laundry and finishing cleaning the refrigerator which I started several weeks ago:) I ended up outside in my flower garden for an hour! OOPS! However, I did get buckled down and got the fridge cleaned. Now on to that laundry!

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog! Please come back again!