Friday, June 20, 2008

Home


What does home mean to you? Of course, the first things that come to mind are family and love and security...things like that. But I mean the details. The little everyday things that make you happy. That make you feel like you are where you belong. I urge you to make a list, like I'm doing here. It's easier to put things into focus when you get them down on paper (or on a blog). Don't be shy. Join me in my quest for the "perfect for me" home!
Here is what home means to me......
Waking up to soft, warm sheets and a good cup of coffee.......the smiling, giggling faces if my children.........the warm embrace of my husband..........the smell of bacon sizzling on the stove............fluffy pink slippers and a cracking fire in the winter and bare feet and air conditioning in the summer...........sitting on the porch with a glass of iced tea, watching my children run themselves wild in the yard..........good friends, good food and good conversation.............God in every room, every nook and cranny...........the sound of laughter and song wherever I go............much loved art and books filling every room.........wonder in my childrens eyes and cookies and spiced tea at Christmas............studying bugs and other cultures..........learning our ABC's...........a hot bath in candle light...........creating and finding beauty wherever I can...........water fights and a cool breeze on hot summer days..........barbeques and lemonade..........catching fireflies..........a soft chair and a funny movie..........sleeping babies in my arms...........and someone to hold me as I fall asleep..........
That's not all of course...I don't have the kind of time it would take to type it all. Now it's your turn. And after you make your list...go and make it happen!
God Bless you and your household!!!

No comments: