Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Busy Week!


It's been a crazy week already and it's not even half over yet! Yesterday, I had to go buy groceries. That is always fun. I have two little kids who want EVERYTHING! I swear I say the word no more than any other word. Anya stays in the cart fine most of the time, but Noah's always got his head in the clouds. I'm constantly reminding him to pay attention and watch where he's going. That's usually when I almost run into somebody. I think, maybe, he gets it from me.
After that, I got home and decided to finally try out my food dehydrator I got for Christmas last year. Apples and bananas. So, I cut them all up and layed them in there nicely. I plug it in and that thing sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I'm thinking, "I have to listen this for 8 more hours?"
So, I decided to make even more noise and help out my hubby by mowing the back yard. He'd been able to mow the front but hadn't had time to finish. It's the first time I've ever mowed in my life. I got out the mower and started it just fine. I've seen it done enough times. Mowed about 1/5 of the lawn and it died. I tried and tried and tried to get it started back up. I wore myself out trying. Finally I gave up and put it away. About half an hour later I decided to give it another shot. Got out there and tried a couple more times. Then it dawned on me. Check the gas tank. Honestly, I'm not a dumb person. Just sometimes I can be a little slow. I always miss the most obvious thing. So I put in some more gas and finished up the lawn.
Then I cleaned up some, had supper and went to church. I was working the nursery. Luckily there weren't a whole lot of babies. I didn't have much energy left.
Last night, after church, Pat tore out some of the wall and put our dryer in. Only to find out the plug didn't match the outlet. So, I went to Lowe's today and got a new outlet. He'll have to put it in tonight. Hopefully before he goes to the men's meeting so I can get started tonight on this mountain of laundry that's growing in our bedroom.
Today I still have to do school, dishes and vacuuming. Plus I have to make cookies for Pat to take to the men's meeting at church and I told the kids that we could paint little pumpkins today.
Tomorrow I have to go work at the old house for a while. Then the rest of the week will be getting ready for the annual gem and mineral show. We've had a booth there for the last 6 years. It's so much fun! It's Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I will be working most of Saturday by myself. Our church worship team is doing a "gig" for a community service project our church is involved in. And Pat plays the guitar for our worship team. He may be debuting one of the songs he wrote there!
Oh, and to top it off, Anya's birthdya is Saturday. She'll be three! And we have yet to get her a present. Gotta get that done!
Anyway, I guess I've gone on long enough. Take care!

No comments: