Monday, September 29, 2008

Our Weekend

The Rock and Gem show we were in was this weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's been a long weekend! Although we had fun and did pretty good! We bought a few rocks for cutting and Pat bought me a ruby ring. It's actually a man made ruby. It's actually called an aluminum oxide ruby. But it's still a ruby and it's so pretty. I'll post a pic of it once I can get a good one.
Here are some pics from the show. I need a new camera. These aren't very good, but they give you an idea.
These next two were of our table.

This was my view for the whole show. We had a good spot right at the entrance. But it meant I had my back turned to everyone else.

Like I said, we did pretty good. We are going to start putting our gemstone beads on etsy here in the next couple of days.

Anya's birthday was Saturday! She's three now! It's so hard to believe! Unfortunately we were at the show most of the day that day. So I don't have those pics yet. I'll try to get them loaded up and posted soon. She got a few babies and some dress-up clothes. And my grandma got her a set of little Disney Princess books. She's very happy with her gifts!

Here's a something I heard at church yesterday that made me think differently than I had before. A friend of mine quoted this verse as she prayed.

"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)

Now I never thought of this correctly until last night. I always thought it meant this country needs to come to Jesus. The unsaved ones. Which they do! But that's not what this verse is talking about. The world, or the unsaved, are not HIS people. They are not called by HIS name. It's not them who need to humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways so that our land will be healed. It's the Christians. It's those of us who already think we're okay. We are the ones who have to do it. The ball is in our court. Think on that.

Well, maybe I'm slow and the rest of you had already figured that out. But it struck me last night and I thought I'd share.

Stay tuned for Monday's Martyrs. TTFN!

No comments: